- Use a latex condom during sexual intercourse. Although condoms are not 100% effective, they do reduce the risk of infection.
- Reduce your number of sexual partners. A long-term monogamous relationship with a tested partner is recommended.
- Obtain vaccines where available (e.g. hepatitis B).
- Get tested, especially if you may have been exposed.
- Complete all prescribed medications for a diagnosed STD (e.g. antibiotics for chlamydia) and avoid sexual contact as instructed by a healthcare provider.
DNA Access Support